Wednesday, July 9, 2008

A work in progress


I have been playing somemore with my copics and with my a muse collection...can't put them away! They are a fixture on my desk right now! I recently got myself an airbrush (ABS-1) for my copics through Ellen Hutson
Once I opened it up to try it out, I couldn't get it to work despite reading and re-reading the instructions...so I emailed Ellen. She was amazing...ended up chatting on the phone and she got it all figured out for me! Love her!

Anyways, back to my picture of Lancelot protecting his castle...I am still trying to decide whether to try airbrushing a background or to try a neat technique I saw on Marianne's blog (see the background around the tree with the tire swing? Could you see cobblestones from that????).

He is stamped using palette hybrid noir and coloured with copics. I did 2nd generation stamping for the castle to make it seem more distant. I also stamped the castle on a transparency first and played with positioning, then used my SAMJ for precision placement. I masked Lancelot using Eclipse tape...awesome stuff! Can't recall where I got it from though...

I'll post the final outcome soon...hope I don't ruin Lancelot...I kind of love how he's turned out so far!

No comments: