Sunday, July 31, 2011

Je T'aime - A CAS-ual Fridays Challenge card...

I am suffering from withdrawal...I have not made a card for 2 months...hopefully all the stored up creativity can be put to good use now!  I have been wanting to make a card for the CAS-ual Fridays challenge since it started...they are now on challenge 13 - oh boy...

This week's challenge is to make a 4" x 9" card...my first time making one of this size!


I cut out the sentiment "Je T'aime" with my Silhouette and distressed the edges with Ranger Distress Ink (vintage photo).  I adhered the sentiment to a panel of kraft cardstock (SU), also distressed with the same ink.  I cut a piece of lacy ribbon I had in my stash, coloured it a bit with some brown & green copics to dirty it up, tied the end with some linen thread (SU) and adhered it under the sentiment.  The kraft panel is mounted to some yummy bermuda Damask Shimmer Couture cardstock from A muse studio.

So happy to have made a card...finally!!

14 comments:

Tenia Nelson said...

This card is very very cool!!! Thanks for sharing!!!

Aileen said...

Superb design, love the colours. x

Marlena M. said...

Wonderful card. Glad you got to take time for you. ;)

Anonymous said...

Fabulous card! I love your sentiment and especially the colours you chose, it's gorgeous!

Jenny said...

A wonderful card, it has a lovely vintage feel and vert CAS at the same time. Sweet little lace detail :)
Jenny x

Cindy said...

Such a great idea! Love the simplicity and love the lace at the bottom. A really nice touch!
Cindy Porter
http://cardcrazeeme53.blogspot.com/

Karen B. said...

This card gives off such an aire of sophistication, class beauty! Wow! Thanks for playing at CAS-ual Fridays!

**Farrah** said...

Glad you found the time to be creative, this card is perfection.
A lot of inspiring work here on your blog!!
Farrah

Anonymous said...

Love the elements on this card and the colors go beautifully together :) Thanks for playing this week at CAS-ual Fridays :)

Jaclyn Miller said...

It's perfectly simple. Love that bit of lace. Thank you so much for playing along at CAS-ual Fridays.

Lisa Lara said...

Beautiful! I love the sentiment. Gorgeous.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Jennifer Rzasa said...

This is simple and lovely!

Jessica Strider said...

The ribbon looks great on the card. Nice work. :)