Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Trouble with scallops...

I got a wee shipment in the mail today...a few new-to-me amuse stamps including Present bl. It so happens that we will be celebrating my mom's birthday tomorrow night, and I needed to make her a card, and those teeny tiny cute presents from the stamp were begging to be used, sooooooooo....



I got Houdini and his magical presents all done (presents stamped on vellum, coloured on the reverse side so as not to smudge the ink), the ribbon in place and the sentiment stamped when I started having second thoughts about the balance of the card. I likely should have stamped the sentiment on the madeira part of the card, but too late!!

So I decided to make a scalloped edge on the bottom to lighten up the pink. Because it was 2 layers of paper, my corner rounder punch would not co-operate. I went for my scalloped edge scissors. They promptly broke!!! It was 11:30pm and I was not re-doing this card!! I used my exacto knife to slice off the white cs under the madeira paper just enough for my corner rounder punch to work. I added a bit of vellum on the bottom to make the card stand up properly and to kind of hide the mess that was on the inside of the card and Voila!

Stamps: A muse (Houdini, Presents bl, Magical day)
Ink: Palette Hybrid Burnt Umber
Paper: PTI white, A muse madeira, vellum
Accessories: a muse clear scalloped circle sticker, SU mat pack, paper piercer, ribbon from Michaels, EK success corner rounder punch, copics

2 comments:

t said...

magical! Great story--sounds exactly like something that would happen to meeeeee. Lovely card and great blog!

Pamela said...

Fabulous card! Good save on the broken scissors.