Friday, April 9, 2010

My sewing machine is back...

When an old sewing machine from work became available, I decided to "upgrade" from my current really old (ie: antique) Singer that only sews a straight stitch. When I took the "new" machine in for service, the repair guy talked me into trading it in for a nicer, newer machine. I now own a decent simple basic sewing machine!

When I was younger, I really wanted to make a quilt with what looked to me like crazy stitching...technically the term is "free motion stitching". That project never made it past the idea stage...till now, on my card! By the way, in real free motion stitching, there is no overlap of stitches...



I sewed randomly all over the piece of pink paper, attached it to a card base, added the sentiment on a tag and a beautiful brad. Done! Another quick card...

Thanks for stopping by...maybe there is hope for those of us who struggle to sew in a straight line!

What I used:

Stamps: A muse
Paper: SU very vanilla, unknown scrap of pink
Ink: Palette hybrid noir
Accessories: sewing machine, brad from K & Co, Sizzix label die, pop dots

No comments: