Sunday, April 4, 2010

Sentiments only!

This week's CAS challenge on SCS is to only use a sentiment. I own a pile of them, but I often grab my A muse ones. They have great fonts...I am a sucker for great fonts! This card started out with a rose....


I wanted to try making a paper flower. This rose was pretty simple. Here is a tutorial from Dozi that I loved. I ended up smushing the paper up to make it soft and smushing down the rose quite a bit until it flattened nicely. I made some faux suede for the leaves.

Because the rose was so pretty, I thought it would be perfect to use for a sentiment only card. I chose all vanilla for my layers with subtle interest added via the herringbone cuttlebug folder, paper piercing and distressed edges. The red rose was counterbalanced by a bit of red scallop on the opposite side of the card. I played around quite a bit with different other red elements to try and add a third bit of red (rule of threes) but nothing looked right so I stopped!

Hope you like the card...and that you grab a great sentiment and play along in the challenge!


Supply list:

Stamps: A muse
Paper: SU (vanilla, rose red, mellow moss)
Ink: Palette hybrid burnt umber, PTI (chamomile & chai tea dye)
Accessories: herringbone cuttlebug embossing folder, paper piercer, sizzix tag die, SU scallop edge punch, corner chomper

1 comment:

LeAnne said...

This is just so perfect! What a sweet rose, and that herringbone texture is wonderful! I haven't seen that folder....more things to add to my wish list!