Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Fall Leaves...


This card is for the latest A muse Lounge Challenge, "Fall Favorites". Fall is the best time of year as far as I'm concerned...we have had gorgeous weather so far and the leaves have been stunning. For this card, I used the Maple Leaf solid stamp from A muse with three different Ranger Distress Inks, spritzed the stamp with water and stamped onto watercolour paper. I cut out the leaves and popped them up for dimension on a neutral background. The strip of chocolate chip behind them helps draw the eye and grounds the leaves nicely. My sewing machine was feeling neglected, so I stitched a border around my card. I need a sympathy card for the wife of an older gentleman I met in London while in university...this will be fitting for her. Thanks for stopping by - hope you can squeak in a card for the challenge before the month is up!

Supplies:

Paper: SU (kraft, chocolate chip), watercolour paper
Ink: Ranger distress ink (peeled paint, fired brick , tea dye), palette hybrid burnt umber
Stamps: A muse (maple leaf solid, in my thoughts)
Accessories: sewing machine, pop dots

Posted by Picasa

6 comments:

Unknown said...

love those leaves! =)

Cat said...

very CUTE! love the stitching. i have the leaves clear set, and sadly, they've never been inked!

Sarah said...

Really like the stitched frame. It's so subtle.

Anonymous said...

Love the simplicity! Very calm and peaceful card! Love it!

Anonymous said...

LOVE this card!!

Anonymous said...

LOVE this card!!