Friday, November 26, 2010

My A muse Teeny Tiny Calendar Book...

I love buying the A muse calendar every year...this year there are so many sizes available and there is always a good cause involved.  The proceeds this year are going towards Charley's Fund.
Charley

My calendar this year is an adorable teeny tiny mini book.  It measures 2 1/2" square.  Other years, I have used the 4" square calendar and made 6x6 scrapbook pages either put into page protectors and tied together with a ribbon or bound with my Bind-it-all.

But this one...it's so cute I could just about eat it ;-)


Here is how I made it:

1) Cut 12 pieces of patterned paper measuring 2 1/2” by 5”
2) Score and fold the first piece at the halfway mark lengthwise with the pattern facing inwards.  Repeat with the remaining 11 pieces
3) Open up the first piece
4) With patterned side of the first piece now facing you, adhere the reverse side of the bottom half of the first piece to the reverse side of the top half of a second piece of patterned paper (see picture below)



5) Fold the first piece back in half with the pattern facing in – you now should see the patterned side of the second piece opened up
6) Repeat steps 4 and 5 with the remaining pieces of patterned paper


7) To make a cover for your mini book, cut 2 pieces of paper 2 1/2” x 3”, scoring vertically along the long side at 1/2”
8) Adhere the 2 1/2” square portion of each piece to the front and back of the mini book (to the reverse sides of the first and last pieces of patterned paper)
9) Finally, adhere the 1/2” portions together at the top of your book to cover up the folds of patterned paper
10) Print out mini calendar and cut each month to be 1 3/4" square
11) Cut 12 2” square pieces of paper and mat each month
12) Adhere matted months to inside of each mini book page
13) Punch out year and adhere to front of mini book
14) Decorate and embellish as desired

I hope my instructions were somewhat clear!  Thanks for checking out my little project! 

Enjoy your day...

Supplies:

Paper:  A muse (gingham, eucalyptus), GinaK Pure Luxury white
Ink:  none!
Stamps:  none!
Accessories:  SU curly label punch, A muse mini calendar

2 comments:

Glenda J said...

Absolutely love it! Great idea. Thanks for sharing the instructions.

Michelle said...

Oh my!! I LOVE this!!!