Monday, July 13, 2009

Art Challenge!

I participated in the CAS (clean and simple) challenge on SCS this week...

The card I made was inspired by this piece of art by Alan Buckle called Teal Bubble Flowers. It caught my eye because it would be perfect for my bedroom...



I cut out a square of so saffron and ran it through a cuttlebug embossing folder. I inked over this with gold ink to make it stand out more. I added some random fuzzy teal brads (aren't they fab!!) and a sentiment. I matted this in chocolate and pierced around. Pretty simple!

I made it a birthday card 'cause I have 4 birthdays coming up in my family...must get shopping!! Thanks for stopping by!

Stamps: PTI faux ribbon
Paper: SU vanilla, chocolate chip, so saffron
Ink: palette hybrid burnt umber, brilliance galaxy gold
Accessories: cuttlebug embossing folder, fuzzy brads by creative cafe, paper piercer, SU small oval punch, pop dots

No comments: