Sunday, April 25, 2010

Birthday time...

Jen, aka Miss Boo, the Splitcoaststampers CAS challenge hostess is celebrating her 40th birthday, and this card is for her...


Supplies:

Paper: SU (very vanilla), BG (offbeat), A muse (shimmer pink)
Ink: none!!
Stamps: none!!
Accessories: Cricut & Paper Doll Dress Up cartridge, A muse twinkle stickers, copics, dymo labeler, pop dots, rub on tape from daisy d's

In her honour, this week's challenge is to make a birthday card using the colour orange, her favourite. I started out with a totally different design, but it ended up too masculine. I will have to show you that one another day!

For this card, I pulled out my Cricut and used the crown image from the Paper Doll Dress Up cartridge as my focal point. In keeping with my mission to use up supplies I have been hoarding, I pulled out a rub on tape runner from daisy d's that had a funky black pattern to use as an accent. It was really easy to use and lined up well along a ruler for a straight line. I found the orange paper in my stack of basic grey 6x6 pads. I LOVE them. This one is from the offbeat collection. I finished the card of with a sentiment made with my dymo labeler and my A muse twinkle stickers which are appearing on EVERY card I make lately! Hope you like it. Make sure you wish Jen a Happy Birthday by making a card for this challenge!!


No comments: