Thursday, May 6, 2010

Punctuation...

LateBlossom has started to post One Layer Card Challenges on Wednesday! What is a Clean and Simple gal to do but play along!! This week it's all about punctuation. Susan posted some pretty gorgeous and clever samples...here is my card:


Stamps: SU (supersize symbols), A muse (thank you for everything)
Ink: Versamagic (aquatic splash, ocean depth)
Paper: SU (Kraft)
Accessories: SAMJ, liquid pearls, glimmer mist


Can you guess which symbol I used? I pulled out a never-inked SU set, Supersize Symbols for this one and used the quotation marks to make a border. They were stamped along a line and then stamped upside down again to make the pattern. I added some liquid pearls at the point where the quotation marks joined each other to cover up the slightly inconsistent spacing between them (what would I do without my Stampamajig???). I added the sentiment on top and spritzed the whole card with Tattered angels glimmer mist. I overdid it a bit with the mist and the card dried pretty wonky. It was pretty wonky still after a night under a big book...

Oh well...it was a super fun challenge...I look forward to more of Susan's challenges! Thanks for stopping by.

10 comments:

Donelda said...

wow, those quotation marks make a great border!! What a great 'out of the box' idea!!! And that was really smart to use the liquid pearls to cover up the middles!!

Angela said...

Super-fun card! I love the quotation mark idea -- they make a beautiful border!

Susan Raihala said...

How completely creative! And I adore how you used the perfect pearls. The glimmer mist doesn't show in the photo for me, but I'll bet that really looks awesome with the pearl dots!

Francie said...

So clever! I love it.

Heather said...

Ooo, you're so creative, what a brill idea. I love it. Hev:)

Tee said...

Such a great idea! Now that I see this, it reminds me of sea waves..bet you could ink them up in blue and make them as waves!!!

Thanks for sharing!

Tejal

Abounding Treasures said...

A fabulous card!!

Lindsey said...

What a great way to use punctuation!

kasia c. said...

Awesome use of the quotation marks! Love your card. :)

PetraB said...

A fab card and so clever the way you used the quotations.