Thursday, September 16, 2010

Not wishing for snow or anything...

I made a Hallowe'en card recently, so why not a winter one!! This is my third card for the A muse Lounge sketch challenge. This time, I used Krystie's perfectly CAS card and flipped her layout upside down and backwards. My idea was to make a monochromatic winter card with a vintage feel...



This was a quick card to make because there is no colouring! I love these fun winter images from A muse, especially the boy trying to catch a snowflake. I punched out parts of the image and aged them with tea dye inks. Then, I overlaid them with the red punched panel(popped up for dimension). Add some dp and a sentiment and done! Might alter this idea slightly for my holiday cards this year!

Supplies:

Stamps: A muse (enjoy the wonders MA, innertubing, winter boy, catch a snowflake)
Ink: palette hybrid moulin rouge, PTI tea dye inks
Paper: GinaK (pure luxury white), A muse (red shimmer couture, red vintage)
Accessories: SU 1 1/4" circle punch, corner chomper, pop dots
Posted by Picasa

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

love the red & white color combo - super cute!!

Sarah said...

I love this! The red is awesome, but the combination of images and sentiment is what really makes the card for me.

Susie said...

I think this is darling! How very fun:)

Anonymous said...

This is so cute! I love the red on cream color palette!

Anonymous said...

This is DARLING!!! ........THUD!!!