Monday, August 2, 2010

News...Challenge cards...I'm back!

The month of July was so busy but ended with a great vacation...I am so relaxed and so sure I'd rather not go back to work tomorrow!

On our way back from camping, I checked my email on my phone in the truck and saw a message from Beth (MyPrecious on SCS) letting me know I am the Featured Stamper this week. WOW!! How exciting! There are so many gorgeous cards inspired by cards in my gallery - check them out here...I'd love it if you played along too!

I really haven't made a card for a month now...but all the nice comments from everyone gave me a shot of inspiration and made it easy to get started again! This card is for two challenges...the Clean and Simple challenge on SCS {polka dots} and the latest A muse Lounge Challenge {Stick to the Pattern}.

 


Supplies:

Paper: A muse (wheat)
Stamps: A muse (coffee break)
Ink: SU (ruby red, pumpkin pie), palette hybrid burnt umber, PTI tea dye
Accessories: ricrac, sewing machine, pop dots, twine

I made my own patterned paper using the coffee cups (which are so conveniently polka dotted) and the spoon image. I saw a fabulous window display at my favourite bakery driving home tonight - a line-up of old red and orange colanders on a shelf - so rustic/vintage...now you know why my card is all aged, distressed and stitched! I used a neat trick I learned from my copic certification class on the ricrac - it was originally red & white - I coloured over it with a light brown marker to age it too - love it even better that way! Loved the frayed ends too...

Glad to be getting inky fingers again...thanks for visiting!
Posted by Picasa

No comments: