Sunday, September 26, 2010

Granny Square Inspired...

This week's Tuesday Trigger, "Not Your Square Granny Squares", is a nostalgia-invoking afghan made of Granny Squares...


I've looked at it several times this past week and finally got down to making a card last night for the challenge.



I printed out a free hexagon template from Cia's Palette - a full page of  medium-sized hexagons.  I overlaid three of them on a piece of kraft cardstock and pierced an outline of them. I punched circles out of a scrap of orange that I had previously run through my Swiss dots embossing folder, added a punched star and a dew drop to the middle of each "granny square". I cut the hexagons out, distressed the edges and used them as a border. Could easily work for a masculine card! Hope you are having a great weekend!

Supplies:

Paper: A muse (eucalyptus), SU (pumpkin pie, kraft, chocolate chip)
Ink: palette hybrid burnt umber
Stamps: A muse (thank you MA)
Accessories: SU punches(word window, 1 1/4" circle, small star), bella bauble (pickle), cuttlebug embossing folder (swiss dots), MM paper piercer, corner chomper
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Paper Crafts & Scrapbooking Editor said...

Hey Alanna! What a fun approach to this week's Tuesday Trigger in the Moxie Fab World! Thanks so much for playing along! :)