Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Blue Gingham & Sparkles

Today's card is a card just for fun...no challenge associated with it at all!  These cards are rare...

I have been drooling over the way JulieHRR uses bling and this card is definitely inspired by her talent with bling placement!



I rounded the corners on my card base and the main image for a softer look.  I punched the left edge of the main image then stamped the wild rose image and the sentiment.  I added some accents to the rose with glitter pens (red and hot pink).  I used tea dye inks to add some distressing and definition to all of the edges on the card and main image.  I adhered the main image with dimensionals.  Bling was added next as per Julie's card.  The scalloped edge at the bottom was an afterthought...the card was missing something and this edge helps to ground the main image as well as adds that magical third red element.

Hope your day has something "just for fun" in it too!


Supplies:
Stamps:  Wild Rose (A muse Studio), Have a beautiful day (A muse artstamps)
Ink:  noir black (Palette hybrid), warm red, maroon (Colorbox Qs), tea dye (PTI)
Paper:  blue gingham, currant (A muse Studio), Pure Luxury Ivory (GinaK)
Accessories:  scallop punch, notebook punch (SU), glitter pens (atyou spica), twinkle stickers (A muse studio), pop dots (ANM), corner chomper (WeRMemory Keepers)

No comments: