Monday, March 21, 2011

Yikes, a sketch challenge!

I don't like sketch challenges...but I did one...the Clean and Simple challenge posted on Splitcoaststampers today is based on lisa lara's Congratulations Clothesline card.  Here is my version, flipped upside down:


I saw my first robin while hiking in the forest behind my house yesterday!  Spring has arrived...can't wait for the sun to shine and dry up all the mud!  I am so excited to make a warm weather card for this challenge.  I submitted to the last Paper Crafts call (no luck this time) and was making Halloween cards!!

The hummingbird and flower are all stamped in one layer...used a bit of rock and roll on the bird & flower for depth.  All the edges are distessed with tea dye ink.  I decided to embellish with bella baubles (say that 10 times fast!) because everything on the card was so flat - they add some needed dimension. 

Hope you are enjoying the sights, smells and sounds of spring...


Supplies:

Paper:  yellow gingham, madeira, red shimmer couture (A muse studio), vintage cream (PTI)
Stamps: birds of a feather (PTI)
Ink: tea dye distress ink (Ranger), always artichoke, ruby red, regal rose, pumpkin pie (SU)
Accessories: pomegranate bella baubles (Stamping Bella), circle nestibilities (Spellbinders), small oval punch (SU)