Thursday, March 24, 2011

Magazine Monday... on Thursday!

I am trying out new things these days. 

Looking for new challenges, I found a colour inspiration challenge on Paper Crafts Connection.  Pretty, huh?


Using pink and purple? Yet another new thing for me!!  I had to scrounge pretty hard to find some purple in my stash! 



I seem to be using up random bits and pieces lately...the black shimmery label was in my pile of scraps.  I embossed the purple paper with dots and sanded it to reveal the white core.  I coloured the flower with copics, added some glitter in the middle and then a good amount of black peals (why hoard them??).  I stamped a tiny sentiment repeatedly along a strip of white and then added the punched border - the straight edge was too harsh and did not go with the flowery-purply look...  More complicated than my usual style, but hey...new things, right?!

Hope you try something new too...

Supplies:

Stamps: marvelous marigolds (A muse studio)
Ink:  noir black (Palette hybrid), tuxedo black (Memento)
Paper:  pink & purple (DCWV mat stack), onyx shimmer couture (A muse studio), pure luxury white (GinaK)
Accessories:  swiss dots embossing folder (Provocraft), kunzite glitter (Martha Stewart), black pearls (Kaisercraft), copics (BV17, V15, V12), dotted scallop punch (SU), black brads (SEI), styled labels die (Tim Holtz Alterations), pop dots (ANM)

2 comments:

Jacilynn said...

What a great card! I love the big flower and the purple.
You asked if you needed to use products from One Crazy Stamper to enter our challenge, No you don't.
Thanks and we'd love for you to join us at OCS!
Jacilynn

Trinh said...

This is so pretty, Alanna! Love how you used the inspiration colors.