Monday, March 15, 2010

Chocolate Mint!

Today's CAS challenge (CAS58) is a colour challenge...any shades of brown and green plus white or cream. I made a pile of cards with these great colours, but most of them turned out kind of ehhhhh....here is the one that made me happy...



Stamps: Kitchen Sink Stamps (Love & Luck), PTI (papertray)
Ink: SU (always artichoke, certainly celery), PTI tea dye (chai & chamomile)
Paper: PTI rustic white
Accessories: pop dots, bella bauble (pickle), paper piercer, leather band/strap from the fabric store



The card is regular A2 size, but the actual part that opens measures 4 1/4" square. I cannot stop making square cards. I even turn A2 cards into squares!! I taped the top part together and added a few details. I pierced a line of faux stitching above the fold and punched a notch at either side for the leather band/strap to tie into.

The word "Luck" (gorgeous font, eh?) is from Kitchen Sink Stamps...I stamped it in 2 different colours of green for a shadow effect. I used the word "good" from PTI's first ever set Papertray to complete the sentiment.

The 4 leaf clover is also from KSS...it was cut out, popped up and embellished with a bella bauble. The card base was distressed/aged with tea dye ink from PTI.

Hope you can join in on the challenge...thanks for visiting!!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Beautiful card! Great use of those great sets! :)