Monday, March 8, 2010

It's Monday...CAS day!!

This week's CAS challenge on Splitcoaststampers, "A Different Kind of Shape-abilities", calls for using at least 2 different layers of shapes. I am not one to use lots of layers because lots of layers = cards that take too much time to make! I am all about quick cards, as I am usually making them late at night!

Still in the grungeboard mood from the birthday card (see my previous post), I decided to see how my SU/Sizzix Dies would cut through the stuff. Sadly, not all of the dies I own will go through grungeboard...nesties won't, and if I remember correctly, my cuttlebug dies won't either. Thankfully, the SU ones went through like butter!!

Here is my layered, but CAS card for this week's challenge:



Here is what I used:

Stamps: none!
Paper: SU true thyme, PTI rustic cream, BG sugared
Ink: PTI tea dyes (chamomile & chai)
Accessories: Grungeboard (harlequin), pop dots, SU Beautiful Butterflies die, MM paint (manila & buttercup), Glimmer Mist (pearl), SU copper cord


Hope you have some time to play along! You will be wanting to do CAS57!! Thanks for stopping by!

1 comment:

LeAnne said...

Beautiful! Love that Sugared paper!