Tuesday, March 9, 2010

March A muse Lounge Challenge

This month, the A muse Lounge Challenge is to be inspired by JulieHRR. Not hard to do as she is one of my stamping idols!! I pored over her gallery for days...and left puddles of drool behind!

Here is Julie's card that I couldn't stop looking at. The gorgeous colours and the rock & roll technique on the flowers & leaves...wow!

I knew before I started my card that I wanted some black on it and I was sure I wanted to use some ricrac. Then I started rocking and rolling...I played around with so many different inks and colours of ink that my desk was covered in ink pads! Here is what I created...



Stamps: A muse (delicious day, leaf frond, solid apple)
Ink: palette hybrid noir & moulin rouge, SU barely banana, soft sky, garden green, certainly celery & cameo coral
Paper: SU very vanilla, basic black
Accessories: pop dots, SU sponges, ric rac (unknown source)


I used my Eclipse tape to mask over the apple to stamp the leaves. I cut out another apple and popped it up. I sponged around the apple with soft sky & barely banana. The edges of the main image were distressed a bit for dimension & popped up. The sentiment was perfect (a muse has the most perfect sentiments!). Hope you like it! Thanks for visiting!

No comments: