Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Father's Day/Teacher Thank You Gift Card Holder Tutorial



I, as per my usual habits, left making teacher's thank you gifts to the last minute again this year.  Thankfully, the latest issue of Family Fun magazine arrived in the mail and a craft project in it inspired me!  I adapted it from the Kraft Dinner box used in the magazine to one made from cardstock and I have a tutorial to show you how I did it.  The great part about it is that it works for a teacher or for a dad!

Step One
Step Two

Step Three

Step Four

Step Five

Step Six





Supplies:

Stamps:  A muse (school time)
Ink:  Palette hybrid noir
Paper:  SU (pumpkin pie, basic grey, summer sun), A muse (lined paper)
Accessories:  SU large star punch, MS apple punch, pop dots

You can decorate the tape measure as you wish.  I used stamps from A muse's School Time clear set - perfect for this project as it includes the ruler and the sentiment "You Rule".  I added a bit of grey cs at the end of my tape measure so it looks like a real one.

Hope you like this project...it's quick if you're in a hurry to get something done - half an hour tops now that the measuring is all figured out for you!

No comments: