Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Two roads...

I love the poems of Robert Frost...and so I had to buy Lisa Strahl's stamp set "Motivational Centers" from Cornish Heritage Farms.  This week's CAS challenge on SCS was to make a greeting the focal point of your card.  I used part of Robert Frost's "The road not taken" as my focal point.

The rest of the card is kind of understated to allow more focus on the verse.  I used A muse's new cardstock colour "wheat" for my base - it's an addictive colour!!  I added a touch of gingham dp for the scene to give a bit of colour pop.  I tried highlighting some of the words in the verse with colour, but I didn't like the look of it, so I changed it back to plain (ie: dragged out the stamp set and did it all over again!!)

I plan on posting a series of One Layer Cards later on so stay tuned!

Supplies:

Paper:  A muse (wheat, gingham)
Ink: palette hybrid burnt umber
Stamps:  A muse (birch trees, sun), Cornish Heritage Farms (Motivational Centers)
Accessories:  Martha Stewart grass punch, pop dots, SU 1/2" circle punch 

No comments: