Thursday, June 17, 2010

One Layer with a Flourish...

I've made my One Layer Wednesday card (on Thursday!)...I was making some thank you cards with Moby, the whale stamp from A muse, and piercing the spout on top of his head when I suddenly remembered Susan's challenge for the week to use a flourish on a OLC.  I pulled out one of my first stamps sets, a flourish set from Autumn Leaves, and found the perfect-although-kind-of-large flourish for Moby.


Supplies:

Paper:  Stamping Bella
Ink:  palette hybrid noir
Stamps:  A muse (moby, thanks), Autumn Leaves, PTI (piece of cake)
Accessories:  A muse twinkle stickers, paper piercer, copics, corner chomper

I coloured Moby with copics and added some bling to his spout.  Because the left side of the card seemed kind of empty, and because Moby looked like he was flying in the air rather than floating in water, I added a few lines of piercing to ground him in a very subtle way.  I think it works!

11 comments:

Donelda said...

this is so cute!! you and I had similar ideas :-) great cas card!!

Heather said...

Gorgeous, I know I'm a whale person but despite my bias this is adorable. I love the way you've grounded the whale with the piercing. A really cool OLW card. Hev:)

Carol said...

This is waaaaaay too stinkin' cute! Great use of the flourish!

Sarah said...

You know I love Moby, but that flourish is all kinds of cool.

Susan Raihala said...

Great use of the flourish...and coloring that big whale! I always have trouble coloring in bigger images, but you nailed this!

Abounding Treasures said...

A fab OLW card!!

Susan said...

How cute is this!!! I love the little whale...and the flourishes are so perfect with him!!! Awesome!

Glittered Paws said...

This is just way too cute - love the whale the the flourish is great. Great piercing on the bottom.

Mim said...

Love the piercing water and the flourish spout too!

Ruth M said...

Oh my goodness, such a sweet card and the flourish is perfect for the whale's water spout!

Sarah/WAstamper said...

LOVE this card!