Sunday, June 13, 2010

A "wow" day & a CAS card...

I spent the day colouring today...

I attended the Copic Certification course in T.O. with Sherrie Siemens.  Let's just say I was doing it all wrong and now I am more in awe of copics than I was when I didn't really know what I was doing with them.  The scary thing is that I am now looking at my 144 Ciaos knowing that I definitely don't have enough (gasp) colours!!!  To sum the day up, all I can say is "wow"...and if you own copics, you should take the course if you get the chance.

I stalked the CAS DT girls on SCS tonight knowing that tomorrow night will be busy and I wouldn't get a chance to make a card for the challenge.  I am pretty sure that the theme is "Things that Fly".  I grabbed one of my fave A muse stamps, Rocket, for this one.


Supplies:

Paper:  A muse, PTI
Ink:  Palette hybrid noir
Stamps:  A muse
Accessories:  copics, pop dots, SU ribbon, MFT cloud trio die, paper piercer

I cut out two sets of the clouds and positioned them on the blue base, trimming the ends that hung over the edge.  I pierced around 3 of the clouds to help them stand out just a bit more and to help the eye travel around the card.  I coloured and cut out the rocket.  The stamp has some fire coming from underneath the rocket but I had to cut the flames off as they are pretty thin lines that aren't attached to the rocket at all.  In place of the flames, I coloured some cream organdy ribbon with a copic then cut the ribbon into 3 parts leaving it intact at one end.  I taped this end underneath the rocket.  Last of all, I added the sentiment to the bottom cloud.  I like it...hope you do too!  Don't forget to try out the challenge!

1 comment:

Jennifer said...

This is just ADORABLE!!