Monday, June 21, 2010

A Sketch...

This week's CAS challenge on SCS is a sketch challenge inspired by Fionna51's gorgeous umbrella card.  This is a card after my own heart...white base, 4/25" square AND piercing!

It seems like all the pregnant girls at work are having girls lately, so I grabbed some scraps (great sketch for scraps!!) in girly colours to make a baby card.  I tried to make it a bit shabby chic, so the edges are all distressed and inked.



Supplies
 
Paper:  PTI white, A muse patterned papers
Ink:  Palette hybrid burnt umber, PTI tea dye, Colorbox Q's
Stamps:  A muse
Accessories:  pop dots, paper piercer, SU scallop edge punch

I played around with a larger piece of paper for the focal image, but decided to make it smaller to fit with the baby theme.  I added the sentiment on the top left for a change...it seems like I always put in bottom right.  I added a scalloped edge on the right for interest.  I had to pierce, of course, to finish it off.  Thanks for stopping by...hope you can play along with the challenge...

1 comment:

Monica said...

I love this baby card.