Wednesday, May 12, 2010

A day for Umbrellas...

Susan's One Layer Challenge this week is to use ribbon. She said only one piece of ribbon; I said "these ribbons are so skinny, I need to use 3 of them"!! It's a rainy, miserable day today, so umbrellas were the perfect stamp to reach for for this card.



Supplies:
Paper: PTI white
Ink: Palette hybrid noir
Stamps: A muse
Accessories: ribbon (May Arts), MM paper piercer, copics


I stamped the umbrellas using my SAMJ, grounded them with 3 ribbons, added some piercing and a sentiment. For the sake of simplicity, I resisted the urge to add some raindrops. Hope you like it...and hope you try out Susan's latest challenge.

16 comments:

PetraB said...

What a great design! I love the umbrellas.

Susan Raihala said...

Of course you had to use three, and they are perfect! Love the piercing, too! We also had a rainy day. Your umbrellas look so happy!

Lindsey said...

This is a great card! Love the piercing and the way the umbrellas are stamped off the edges.

Jennifer said...

Love the design, love the colours, wonderful card!

Mim said...

The triple track of ribbon is a great idea, love those brollies too(and it is raining in Melbourne, Aust today as well!)

Tee said...

Super design! I'm awed..those umbrellas are magnificent!

Ruth M said...

What a great CAS card! I love your trio of skinny ribbons, a fab look!

Gisèle said...

I love this card! Those umbrellas are great. I couldn't live without my SAMJ.

Pascallle said...

I've just discover your blog and your amazing cards....
Just love your style !

Pascale, Paris-France.

The Other Patti Sue said...

Love the 3 ribbons... they rock! Great card!

Susan said...

Love the little umbrellas...and the piercing is the perfect finishing touch!

donna mikasa said...

Love your card! The umbrellas are perfect and the piercing and ribbons pull it all together!

Patti J said...

Lovin' the ribbons almost as much as the umbrellas! Great card! It's never going to stop raining here. I should put up my paper and glue and get out my boat building tools!

Diane Jaquay said...

I LOVE your card! Love those umbrellas, and your use of ribbon! Thanks for visiting my blog :)

Abounding Treasures said...

What a wonderful card!!

Lynne in NI said...

Fabulous card ... it really stood out in the OLC gallery! I'm lovin those umbrellas!