Monday, May 17, 2010

Three Latte Thanks...

I can't stop buying A muse stamps...I got a wee shipment in the mail from tamijo on SCS - the clear coffee break set. Had to ink it up tonight...perfect for a friend who just returned from Cuba and brought me back a gorgeous little espresso cup. Also perfect for this month's A muse Lounge Challenge, "2, 4, 6, 8, Who Do We Appreciate?"

Here is what I made:


Supplies:

Paper: SU (kraft, cranberry crisp, very vanilla)
Ink: palette hybrid burnt umber, PTI tea dye (chai & chamomile)
Stamps: A muse (coffee break & ovals)
Accessories: copics, pop dots, SU curly label punch, paper piercer, SAMJ,


I stamped three coffee mugs and coloured them with my copics. I masked them and used one of my oval stamps to ground them. I was going to punch them out with a circle punch, but my hubby thought I should use the "funky square" punch instead. Good idea!! I couldn't resist a little distressing around the edges with the tea dye inks (I'm likin' this shabby thing...)

I stamped the sentiment repeatedly along the bottom third of the card. Thank goodness for my Tim Holtz ruler - amazingly easy to line up images so they are straight. I added a strip of red under the "funky squares" because they seemed too stark white compared to the rest of the card. Then I used the ruler again to pierce lines above and below the sentiment & the images. Hope you like it!!

3 comments:

Erin (Homemade Cards by Erin) said...

Love coffee cards, great idea to make that stamp repeat! Might steal that idea!

Erin (Homemade Cards by Erin) said...

I'm sorry to say that my version of the repetition with I Like It A Latte didn't turn out as well as yours. Thanks for your comments on my blog- you should check out the W Plus 9 stamps, the woodgrain is party of the circle/flower stamp, too much fun!

Sarah/WAstamper said...

Fantastic card! Will have to pull out this set and CASE this.:) Just found your blog via Simplicity. I love A Muse so am getting some great ideas!