Sunday, May 23, 2010

Summer Time...

As this post goes up, I am in the Big Apple for a long weekend getaway with my hubby! I will have to post some pics when I get back...

This week's CAS challenge on SCS has to do with summer. The weather here lately has been so warm and sunny, perfect inspiration for this card:



Supplies:

Paper: SU(barely banana, kraft, summer sun), PTI white, A muse (gingham)
Ink: Palette hybrid burnt umber
Stamps: A muse
Accessories: copics, cricut (going places cartridge), MFT large scallop die, SU chunky glitter, pop dots, SU word window punch, corner chomper


I started this card out with the sandcastle stamp. I made a sandy border with a strip of kraft that I ran through the xyron and glittered. I made the waves with my new MFT scallop die (LOVE it!!). I added the sunny coloured background and a sparkly sunshine. The sun was cut out using my cricut. I had to fiddle with the sentiment to get it to fit into the word window punch...it's actually longer than the punch shape. I won't try to describe this myself as GinaK has already made a lovely tutorial with pictures about how to make a long word window punch shape. This card certainly isn't my usual CAS style, but I like it!! There's still some white space, right??!! Have a great day...hope you can play along in the challenge!

No comments: