Saturday, May 29, 2010

Overlapped...

I'm a bit slow getting Susan's (LateBlossom) One Layer Wednesday card done...here it is in all its overlapped glory:



Supplies:

Paper: A muse notecard
Ink: Palette hybrid noir & charcoal, SU soft sky & cool caribbean
Stamps: A muse (big bl, jellyfish, hello)
Accessories: copics


Amazingly enough, I did not feel compelled to add any glitter, bling or any other dimension to the card. WOW. I chose to pair the jellyfish and the hello sentiment because I thought the tentacles were similar to the hello font. I stamped the jellyfish in charcoal ink and the sentiment in noir so that it would stand out from the tentacles. I added big bl in the background to ground the image (stamped off once to be more subtle). Done. I may mass produce these or some variation for my son's teacher. Need to get working on that....4 teachers to make card sets for...

Hope your weekend is enjoyable...maybe you'll have time to try Susan's challenge!

8 comments:

Monica K. said...

Great card! That font looks so awesome with that jellyfish.

Susan Raihala said...

You're absolutely right about the font...it's perfect! And I love the way you grounded everything with the block stamp. Thanks so much for playing, and good luck with your teacher gifts!

Ruth M said...

Such a happy card, love the background. This is a great design, perfect for sets of notecards or cards for different occasions!

Tina said...

What an adorable jellyfish! :)

Doris said...

You combined all the elements just right--love it!

Diane Jaquay said...

Great card and great job with the challenge! Thanks for stopping by my blog :)

Susan said...

Love the font for the "hello"...so perfect with the tenacles of the jellyfish! Cute, cute card!!

shannon said...

using the background shadow stamp was a great idea for overlapping. I love that jellyfish stamp!