Friday, May 7, 2010

Note of Thanks...

The latest A muse Lounge challenge is "2, 4, 6, 8 who do we appreciate?"
I swear, Jennie is one of the most creative challenge hostesses on the planet! This was perfectly timed as I needed to make a thank you card and gift for my son's music teacher. He's been going to this wonderful group music lesson since he was 2. Monday is his last day as he is starting kindergarten and can't go anymore, 'cause the class is during the day. Anyways, onto what I made!

I actually started out my making the notecard set. I absolutely love A muse's 4 bar notecards...they make it easy to create a quick set of cards! I got these pink ones by winning one of the Lounge challenges...

I pierced a line across the bottom of the card, perched the song bird on the line, added the sentiment below, the music notes and coloured the bird with sparkly at you spica glitter pens (turquoise and purple). I boxed them up and added a pretty ribbon to match. Pretty quick gift!


Supplies:
Paper: A muse notecards
Ink: palette hybrid burnt umber
Stamps:A muse (song bird, just a note), PTI (birds of a feather)
Accessories: Atyou spica glitter pens, paper piercer, ribbon (Michael's)


When I made the card, I used the same concept of the bird on the line. I stamped off big bl once then stamped it on a scrap, cut around it and distressed the edge a bit with my nail. I matted it in some woodgrain paper. The rectangle was looking kind of bare, so I stamped the clouds in the top left, then paper pieced them with white to make them look more real. I like how the one hangs over the edge! That wasn't planned to begin with...

Supplies: Paper: PTI white, A muse (woodgrain)
Ink: palette hybrid burnt umber, SU (soft sky, bashful blue)

Stamps: A muse (clouds, song bird, just a note, big bl), PTI (birds of a feather)

Accessories: pop dots, paper piercer


Thanks for coming by...be sure to head over to the Lounge and play in the challenge, there are prizes to be had!!!

2 comments:

Mim said...

Love the line of pierced holes the birds are hanging out on. Very sweet cards!

Lori Barnett said...

eeek! I love this one!